Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bridal Shows and Inspiration

This past Sunday I participated in the PINK Bridal show at the Knoxville Convention Center. It was a blast. I got to reconnect with some vendors, collaborate with other vendors, and just have fun as a wedding planner. At the show I got to display some original ideas of mine in 4 different inspirational booths. I have noticed a trend in barn wood, mason jars, and dried flowers for weddings which are beautiful in their own respect. I have also noticed how this trend is being done over and over and being perceived as "original". It was original this time last year now it has become just a different way of doing weddings. My goal for these inspirational booths at the show was to introduced some more different weddings. I am a big fan of incorporating your personality into your wedding decor. For example I love fashion! Give me a black dress, with an over stated bow, some fabulous shoes, and I am in heaven! That is why I created a booth that has an elegant floral and natural feel but fashion is incorporated into the details. You might have noticed the bow ties around the vases, the shoes hanging off another vase or the amazing crystal cake. I encourage every bride to think outside the box of "original" and "different", and think in terms of "personality".

1 comment:

Wenni Donna said...

Good to know about this bridal show inspiration. I am planning to arrange bridal show at a local Seattle convention center and this information will help me very much. Hope to arrange an awesome event and to perfection.